Fanduel’s Sunday Million
Drew Brees, Chris Johnson headline top fantasy plays for week 2 of the 2014 NFL season. Brees will lead the New Orleans Saints against the Browns in Cleveland during the early games. Later in the afternoon Chris Johnson will look to help lead the New York Jets over the Green Bay Packers.
Brees should have a good opportunity to throw for over 350 yards against a Cleveland Browns defense that allowed over 370 in week 1. The Saints quarterback completed 69 percent of his passes in week 1 for 333 yards with one touchdown and one interception.
In Green Bay the Packers will have their hands full with the Jets dual threat running back tandem. Last week the Jets rushed for a league high 212 yards behind Johnson and Chris Ivory. Johnson finished the day with 13 carries for 68 yards in the Jets win over the Oakland Raiders.
Here is the complete top 10 list of fantasy players for week two.
1. Drew Brees, Quarterback: The Saints quarterback is a must start week in and week out for almost any team unless you are working around a budget. Brees will have a great matchup against a Browns defense that struggled to slow down the Steelers offense in the first half in week 1.
2. Chris Johnson, Running Back: Last week Ivory led the Jets rushing attack but we like Johnson’s speed against a Packers defense that allowed over 200 yards rushing. The Jets coaching staff will try to eliminate the Packers offensive attempts by running the ball to run time off the clock.
3. Carson Palmer, Quarterback: Palmer finished off strong in week 1 to help lead the Arizona Cardinals to a fourth quarter win against the San Diego Chargers. The Cardinals quarterback finished with 304 yards and two touchdown passes. In week 2, Palmer gets a shot at a New York Giants secondary that struggled to slow down Calvin Johnson and the Detroit Lions offense.
4. Zack Ertz, Tight End: The Eagles tight end had a solid week one performance pulling in three catches for 77 yards and a touchdown. This week he gets a shot at a Indianapolis Colts defense that allowed three touchdowns to tight end Julius Thomas in week 1.
5. Larry Fitzgerald, Wide Receiver: The Cardinals matchup against the Giants is a perfect play for not only Fitzgerald but the Cardinals other top receivers as well. Last week the Giants allowed the most fantasy points in the NFL to the wide receiver position.
6. Giovani Bernard, Running Back: Bernard was fairly quiet in week 1 against the Baltimore Ravens but should change for fantasy owners in week 2. This week Bernard will get a shot against the same Falcons defense that allowed three rushing touchdowns in week 1.
7. Matt Asiata, Running Back: Asiata is not only fantasy sleeper for this week but is also a great value play against the New England Patriots. Norv Turner likes his running backs involved and without Adrian Peterson the team will likely turn to Asiata. The Patriots allowed 191 total rushing yards against the Miami Dolphins in week 1.
8. Cordarrelle Patterson, Wide Receiver: The Vikings turned to Patterson in a variety of ways in week 1 including three carries that produced 102 yards. This week we expect him to get a few extra chances with Adrian Peterson not in the lineup.
9. Jimmy Graham, Tight End: The Saints tight end was fairly quiet in week 1 but don’t let that scare you away from using him. Look for Brees to get him the ball against the Cleveland Browns in week 2.
10. Nick Foles, Quarterback: This game against the Colts has a chance to be a high scoring contest. Last week the Colts were one of two teams to allow three passing touchdowns.